Monday, March 19, 2012

A Little Bit of History



We've all made bad decisions, poor choices, messy mistakes, and have discovered ourselves to be lost and confused. I have my share of immaturity just like everybody else. The only way to rise above it, is to learn from what we've gone through. We must better ourselves.

April 21st 1989, I was born to Robert and Jodi Liparulo in Denver, Colorado.
September 1 2005, Isabella Liparulo was born. She is the youngest member of my family. I could never be happier to have Dad, Mom, Melanie(24), Anthony(15), and Isabella(6) in my life.
March 28th 2011, I gave my life to the Lord. I was born-again through the love of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior.

Our age, family status, ethnicity, culture, appearance, credit, and countless other classifications mean everything to society. Who we are is not something that people judge us by, immediately. We must prove ourselves, defend our morals, fight for values, and show some character to remove the blinders that strangers wear.

I do it, you do it. No one is to blame for being narrow-minded, arrogant, conceded, selfish, ignorant or hypocritical. This is how we've been raised. It's been branded into our thoughts and actions since we toddlers. But, all of us can out grow it.

I starter a book on April 3, 2011. The Holy Spirit changed my life in such a drastic way that I couldn't hide what He was working in me. The book is process and will remain that way for a while. I would like to share the opening page with you; you'll see where I'm going with it...

OneLove, page 1


What is the purpose of life? Why am I here? Who am I?

For thousands of years, human beings have sought after the answers to these questions. Through religion, politics, science, and imagination, the answer to why we are all here is not made clear. No matter how many scholars, priests, activists or martyrs defend their belief as to what life is all about; your own existence is personal and unique. You have a specific reason to be here… today.
I do not have the answer to these questions for others, but I know my purpose, why I am here and who I am. I am not saying that I am perfect or that I have achieved my goals and fulfilled my place on Earth. What I can tell you is that I am at peace; I no longer wander in search of a home to call my own or seek out things of this world that I want as my own. The peace that I have solely derives in one word: love. With the gift of love comes kindness, faithfulness, patience, forgiveness, and joy. My purpose is to share those, which is why I am here and the journey is who I am.
How I got here is my own journey, my own life full of experiences and knowledge. This is not a self-help book, I have no intention of telling you how to live your life or what is good or bad. You must decide, for you will find yourself in the choices you make. Reflect on everything you see, hear, smell, touch and taste. Our senses are a gift and they are the key. All I ask is that you give yourself the time to learn. Then give that back to others.
Life, to me, means to be a light in this world; to share knowledge and experience.  The world is full of knowledge. Whether it comes out of a religious book, novel, artwork, your mom, or the guy in torn clothes sitting on the side of a street holding a paper bag with an empty bottle in it, there are lessons there. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. You have also been given an opportunity to make your own decisions. These lead to actions that cause experience, which is how you learn about the way the world works. Learn from your own experiences, gain knowledge based on what you have done. From these two powerful growth changes, your perspective on them gives you wisdom. With wisdom you see, hear, smell, touch and taste all the wonders of this world in a new way. Share your wisdom and listen to the wisdom others have to give. (Colossians 3:12-15)
My journey is not complete; I will never be as wise as the person next to me. There is more to learn than I can possibly grasp in this brief time I have been given to live on Earth. I will share all that I have learned in this book. Even though it has a last page, there are a million more blank ones to write upon.
So, here are my experiences, what knowledge I have learned from them and how the wisdom of it all has shown me real love…
This blog is dedicated to love. I will keep updates on the book here. Journal entries on experiences will be blogged about. Thoughts, feelings, questions and interactions will be brought up.

All of these are my influences for the journey ahead. The Triple Crown Wilderness Photo Journal is based on my faith and passions. The TCWPJ is the highlight of the blog. I hope you'll see it come together the further down the path I walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment